|To Apply||:||https:// jobs.rayjobs.com/ 1033/ asp/ tg/ cim_jobdetail.asp?jobId=852242&pa ...|
Mgr III Systems Engineering
Requisition ID 26092BR
The RF Algorithms and Analysis Department provides a full range of algorithms, modes and signal processing-related capabilities in support of SAS radar surveillance and tracking programs.
These activities include:
- design and development of radar waveforms for target detection and target information
- development of mathematical algorithms for signal processing
- computer modeling and simulation of sensor physics and phenomenology
- statistical modeling
- performance predictions/analysis
- software requirements development
- lab and flight test data analysis for radars residing on various types of platforms
- technical presentations
The department supports several specific technology areas including radar search, track, synthetic aperture radar mapping, and adaptive techniques.
Section Manager Job Description:
The Systems Development Center currently has a need for a Section Manager in the RF Algorithms and Analysis Department. The Section Manager performs direct line management activities for approximately 15 to 20 engineers. These activities include technical development of people, training, performance management, and resource allocation. The candidate will ensure two-way communications for section members; serve as a day-to-day liaison to the programs concerning ensuring program success along technical, cost and schedule paramters, as well as section member job assignments, performance, and recognition. Responsibilities also include coordinating program staffing needs and reductions, optimizing resource utilization and interviewing applicants. In addition, the Section Manager will team with the Department Manager in the execution of the Center and SAS Engineering goals, and will be expected to actively participate in Department and Center level meetings.
Section Managers for the RF Algorithms and Analysis Department, in the Systems Development Center, will lead teams comprised of experts in multiple domains in the development of radar algorithms and waveforms. This will include System Engineers with expertise in signal processing, waveform design, modeling and simulation, and requirements development. Section Managers will also be responsible for developing and maintaining the technical roadmaps for their capabilities and for technical leadership of the section.
• 10+ years of experience in systems engineering and algorithm development
• Knowledge of airborne surveillance radar products, technologies, and processes
• In depth experience with Section\\\'s work products, technologies, and programs
• Advocate for process improvement (e.g. CMMI and R6S); team player and able to build strong relationships and effectively partner with internal resources; customer focused
• Must be R6S Specialist or Green Belt Specialist or Six Sigma Specialist
• Effective leadership skills to perform direct line management activities for approximately 15 to 20 engineers
• Must have an Active DoD Secret clearance and able to obtain additional clearances
• Strong written and oral communication skills, strong judgment and decision making abilities
• Able to effectively juggle multiple tasks and priorities
Required Education (including Major):
• Bachelor\\\'s degree in Math, Physics or Electrical Engineering discipline
Raytheon is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Business Unit Profile Go further. Outdo yourself. Set a mission and accomplish it with Raytheon. As a world-leading supplier of defense and aerospace systems, Raytheon is your partner for achieving professional success. Our Space and Airborne Systems (SAS), is a world leader in integration systems and solutions for advanced missions.
As a Raytheon employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, vision and dental care, as well as Healthcare & Dependant Care Reimbursement Accounts. Your financial well-being will be supported through our saving and investment plan, stock ownership plan, and retirement benefits. Moreover, we offer flexible work arrangements and provide various other forms of employee assistance.
* Discover a place where your aspirations match your goals.
* Where talented people can make an impact.
* Where challenges are a daily occurrence and rewards always follow.
Make your next move to Raytheon!
Relocation Eligible No
Clearance Type Secret - Existing
Expertise Systems Engineering
Type Of Job Full Time
Work Location CA - El Segundo