|To Apply||:||http:// mckessonjobs.com/ us/ georgia/ operations/ jobid2014207-director-of ...|
Responsible for the operational activities of a variety of functional departments, within the distribution center. Reviews and analyzes reports, records and directives, and confers with managers/ supervisors to obtain data required for planning activities, such as new commitments, status of work in progress, and problems encountered. May be responsible for one or more of the following activities related to the receiving, storing, and/ or shipping of materials or finished goods. May be responsible for ensuring materials are received from proper vendors, delivered to inventory and finished goods, are available to meet production schedules, packaged according to specification and shipped in a timely manner. Ensures the security and accountability of materials and goods with inventory control. May evaluate current procedures and practices for accomplishing department objectives and develop and implement improved procedures and practices. Gives work direction, resolves problems, and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work. Monitors and analyzes costs and prepares budgets.
Additional knowledge and skills:
- Financial and business acumen to include knowledge of key financial statements drivers and levers.
- Develops, implements and maintains an effective regional strategy by taking knowledgeable risk, knows re-engineer processes that support the customer and cost structure and drives quality processes that lead to continuous improvements.
- Demonstrates extremely high sense of urgency, personal energy, and stamina. Capable of handling multiple priorities and extensive time demands. High level of personal integrity.
- Effectively navigates through complex situations, both internal and external, that may require multiple decision makers.
- Effective communicator with internal and external executives.
- Demonstrated ability to lead work environments that embrace the principles of positive employee relations.
14+ years operational experience including 12+ years managerial experience
4-year degree or equivalent experience
General Office Demands
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you\'ll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That\'s a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission - whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we\'re helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Pharmaceutical, you\'ll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
As an equal opportunity employer, McKesson Corporation unites the talents and contributions of all to advance the power of healthcare. Learn more about our opportunities at mckesson.com/careers
No agencies please.